More Effective Talent Development, Career Mapping, and Succession Planning
Most organizations pay little, if any, attention to succession planning. Participants in this session will be guided through easy-to- use, consistent set of steps that reduces time needed, allows for more reliable diagnosis of current employees’ skills and possible future in the organization, allows for more accurate selection of succession candidates, and promotes a better environment that will cause future leaders to become engaged in the process. Handouts of all sample protocol and worksheets will be handed out to participants.
Session participants will receive information about, and be led through these exercises:
- Identify necessary preparation for the process:
- Evaluation and ranking of current employees for career mapping
- Using a “Business Roadmap” to guide the process
- Develop effective succession plans and talent development plans for selected employees
- Develop and implement the process with selected employees
- Consider how to assemble like-minded employees into a cohort model
- Evaluate progress of employees, as well as the succession program
- Learn how to design succession searches and locate outside candidates
- Discover how to create a succession plan more effectively for family members (if involved)
- [email protected]
Great to work with
The coaching sessions provided me the opportunity to reflect on staff I am working with and tools to be successful with them.
Thanks for all the work that you put into our organization's leadership training, both during the sessions and "in between." You have an amazing ability to engage folks in whatever you are talking about. Truly an inspiration.
Nice logical Nice, logical approach to achieving/setting goals.
Emerging Leader Reflection
School Board Training
The school board in North Branch Area Public Schools has been pleased to work with Bruce Miles on school board development. Members of the school board found Bruce very knowledgeable in board communications, the role of board members and the relationship between the board and superintendent. Each session with Bruce is engaging and informative! Bruce provided the training the board needed.